Thursday, October 16, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours

Dear friends,

I was really excited to update today because I'd just prepared an entry on one of my favourite topics - food. But upon getting myself to a place with Internet service and re-connecting to the world, I've found out that several unfortunate events have taken place in the last few days. In order of severity, from lowest to highest, they are:

1.) Multiple Hollywood divorces are happening. Not uncommon at all, but it's sad, all the same.

2.) The Canadian dollar has dropped its lowest since 1987. This personally affects me because that means that the poverty aspect of my living situation will be dominant over the glamourous part - click here for a refresher if you have no idea what I'm talking about. Hopefully that will inspire people to travel to my home country to spend money and hopefully boost our economy!

3.) A couple days ago, a high school friend a year behind me lost her grandmother and mother in a brutal double homicide, which she barely escaped from herself. Investigations are still going on, but as more details get released, the worse it's looking. The newest article I can find on the case is here. She is such a genuinely kind girl, and I'm so upset that this happened to her. This kind of trauma is just completely devastating. My heart goes out to her, and I hope that she will have lots of support back home and recover from this as soon as possible.

So as you can see, I just can't enthuse about baked goods right now. In particular, I'm really heartbroken for my friend. I'm sick to my stomach. Please send good thoughts her way, as I will be.

Will be back in a couple days after a breather.

Love,
Me
XOXOXO

No comments: