Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Next Trip to Japan

That's right - I've barely been back a week, and I'm already planning my next trip to Japan. It's that awesome. There are some places in the world where one visit will cover everything nicely (like Nice, in my opinion, although my Japanese uncle disagrees), but there are others that you just want to go back to, again and again. Japan is one such place.

On my next visit, I want to:
*have curry at a curry restaurant (didn't get to do that this time)
*have tonkatsu (fried pork chop) at Meisen again
*have spaghetti and strawberry shortcake at Capricciosa again
*replenish my stock in candy, spaghetti sauces, instant curries and fried rice mixes at Donki (more on that store later!)
*visit all the department stores (I wouldn't let my mom shop at them this time, insisting boutiques are superior, when on the last day, we walked into one just to have a look and discovered that Japanese department stores are way cooler than their North American counterparts - they are like lots of cute boutiques set in a building, like superchic malls)
*have tempura, rotating sushi, unagi don (bbq eel on rice), udon, sukiyaki and ramen
*gorge myself on strawberry shortcake
*be able to speak and/or read some basic Japanese so that I can at least communicate a little bit at restaurants and stores
*take more street fashion pictures
*go to Harajuku on a Sunday again to see more "weird people," as my uncle calls them
*visit my Brand Name Dermatologist

and most importantly(!)

*have the girl stuff to say hi if I see a superhot kakkoii who's been eyeing me back all night

Let's hope I'll get to do all this sooner rather than later!

No comments: