Thursday, May 5, 2011

You have a song in your head & it's driving you nuts. What do you do?

If it's in my head & driving me nuts because it's so awesome, I'll play it a million times, go online to look up the lyrics if I don't already know them, and sing it until everyone around me gets really annoyed.

If it's in my head because I can't figure out the name of the song, I will ask around or Google whatever lyrics I can remember.

Funny but true: I had the melody of a song stuck in my head for a decade - I'd heard it on a variety show & loved it, but no one I knew could figure out what it was (I swear I'm not tone deaf!). It was SO frustrating. Then finally one day I managed to find (through Wikipedia) the exact episode of the show I heard it in, I found that episode on TuDou (Chinese YouTube), saw that segment, heard the song again, typed out a line of the lyrics and I found out the name of the song! After that I was able to find the music video on YouTube and a friend who I haven't kept in touch with even sent the mp3 to me because it turned out that she had it all along. :)

Ask me anything

No comments: