Thursday, March 17, 2011

24

I’ve always felt like St. Patrick’s Day is kind of, sort of my birthday, too, because I was born in Hong Kong but grew up in Canada…

This day last year I bought myself a plane ticket to Madrid, and that is, to date, the best and most expensive birthday present I've ever given myself.

23 was an unbelievable year. Absolutely incredible, with enormous challenges and equally enormous rewards.  24 is uncertain, but whatever happens, I will make the best of it.

So I'm kicking off 24 with two job interviews, a blood donation session (my first!), and perhaps a big meal or two, with really, really good cake (Superwoman and I decided to finally make the pilgrimmage to the Dufflet bakery together at Yonge & Eg) – a good beginning, I think. And because I’m giving blood, it also means that I won’t be intoxicating myself today – but all of you should most definitely go out and have a good time!

Happy St. Patty’s Day! :)

No comments: