Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Birthday, Stacey!!!

the most recent picture of us - us at home, springish 2010
I always joke that I should rename my blog "Dear Stacey" because then I wouldn't even have to make any effort to update - I write to my girl Stace all the time. And today it's her birthday! *points to the banner above*

We met in our second year of university when we were put into the same suite together in residence. I was really nervous because I lived in a traditional-style residence in first year, with the communal bathrooms and all that, so I had been hoping and hoping all summer long that I'd have nice suitemates, since we'd have to share a lot of living space.

Lo and behold, I met Stacey when I moved in and I was blessed for a lifetime!

You know a friend is one of a kind when you can stand to be in very close quarters with each other for an extended period of time. When I was on exchange in Nice, she was studying abroad in Paris, and we visited each other for nearly a week in each of the cities. Not only did we emerge from those trips still talking to each other, but we had the best time ever and we share a lot of great memories!

She's one of my favourite people in the world and I love her with all my heart and she's very far away from me right now (or perhaps it might be more accurate to say that I'm very far from her), so I miss her a ton. She's one of the most brilliant people I know and I'm super proud of her because she's rocking out in her first year of law school right now. She's such a good friend to me and she pretty much keeps me sane and she's just the best.

So I just wanted to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, STACE!!!

Don't stress about school - if anyone can own law school (or any other intellectual endeavour, for that matter), it's you, and I'm incredibly proud of you and you're doing just fine and you will not only survive but have a ton of success. Enjoy yourself! Enjoy law school! Enjoy the boys! I miss you like crazy and I can't wait to see you again when I come home!!!

XOXOXO

P.S. Something about you makes me write a lot of run-on sentences - if that's not a sign of love I don't know what is. :P
Us at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2009!

2 comments:

Your sista from another mista said...

LOVES!!! Oh Christine!! I feel so honored and touched! Not to mention bringing me back to such good times in Nice and Paris!! Those unforgettable parties! I miss you too and wish you were here/I was there!

Staceh said...

The Banner!!! OH CHRISTINE!!!