Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: M Thompson Chocolates


Hi, guys!

In this week’s edition of Tasty Tuesday, I’m taking you all back to Canada. I still have a lot of material to write about on Madrid and Barcelona, but I very recently had this experience, and my eyes quite literally rolled back in my head from the overwhelming deliciousness, so I had to tell you all about it right away.

A couple weekends ago I was at the One of A Kind helping Superwoman out, when she told me about a few new food vendors that I absolutely had to check out. If you’ve been reading me for a while, you probably know that I have a bunch of favourites that I always visit every One of A Kind season.

One of the suggestions happened to be M Thompson Chocolates. Superwoman knows that I have a penchant for minty things AND I have a torrid love affair with chocolate, so she told me to go try out their Mint Smoothie. What sold me was that they come in both milk and dark chocolate versions, which I was really excited about, because usually mint chocolates only come in dark.

So I had one, and OH MY GOD, IT WAS SO GOOD.  The amount of mintiness was just perfect, the chocolate was silky as sin (because they use couverture, you see, the fancy, shiny chocolate that you have to temper and handle carefully) and I almost wanted to start injecting them into myself, except then I wouldn't get to taste them.  Just smelling them in their box though, made me giddy.

They also have a Peanut Butter Smoothie, which also comes in dark and milk chocolate versions and is also very, very tasty, but the mint...I have a soft spot for mint so it feels almost like I'm being unfaithful when I have anything else.  I really love my chocolate, as you can probably tell. :P

The packaging is also gorgeous, so they make great gifts (although I can't imagine any box that comes into my possession will be able to escape my house unscathed) and they even make 2-pack and 4-pack favours for people who are throwing parties, showers, or weddings.  If I ever get married, I'm giving these out.  The first decision in my wedding plan is made! :P

So go check out their website and see what event they will be at next.  They also do mail orders, so if you're a mint chocolate (or peanut butter chocolate!) aficionada like me, you need to try these!

No comments: