Monday, October 25, 2010

November's Coming!

Hi guys!

As October slowly draws to an end, guess what I'm preparing for?  No, not Halloween - every time I come to live in a European country I'm told drily that Halloween, my favourite holiday, is "a stupid American thing."

Boo-urns.

Luckily, I had the opportunity to dress up this month anyway for a friend's farewell party.  She moved to Germany for love, to be with her long-term squeeze, since she was able to find a job in his city and is now ready to settle down, after five years. 

So to say goodbye to her, we had a Germany-themed party at a (sort of) German restaurant here in Madrid, and guess what I went as?

No, not Heidi, nor Rapunzel (although I considered that one), and I didn't wear leiderhosen or any kind of "German" garb - no.  I thought outside of the box and I went as:
The German letter ü!  Don't you think I pulled it off well? :D  I was going to make a headband of my own, but I had some killer luck with me that day and was able to find a ready-made one that was perfect. :P
But I digress.  Guess what I'm preparing for?

NaBloPoMo, of course!  November is National Blog Posting Month, which is sort of a spinoff of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo).  So I'm planning to post every single day of November, which means I'm going to need people to read these posts - will you stick it out with me?

It's going to be a lot of fun!  Tasty Tuesdays will continue as usual.  I hate mundane, this-is-what-I-did-after-I-woke-up posts - I really want to be saying something in every post - so finding interesting material every day is going to be a challenge.  But it's a very welcome one and I'm ready to take it on, so I hope you guys will keep coming  by every day and enjoy November as much as I will!

Harry Potter will come out mid-month (at least in North America - am hoping the Spanish/world premiere won't be far away from the North American one), then December will roll around, which I'm really, really looking forward to, because I'm going to be visiting Dutchman and B³ in Holland, then maybe B³ will come visit me again, then my mom's coming to Spain for Christmas (YAY!!!  I miss her so much!), then that will be the end of my internship!  What a way to end it!

Lots and lots of fun ahead, and I'm looking forward to sharing it all with you!

XOXOXO

P.S. Have you entered my mini-giveaway yet?  If you haven't, you really should!  :D

No comments: