Friday, October 8, 2010

My ass. It looks amazing.

And I never thought I'd ever say that because, actually, I have a bit of a complex about that part of my anatomy. I'm enormously insecure about it. Longtime readers might remember that I wrote a little jig about it a couple years ago, entitled "If I only had an ass"


But I just came across the best jeans I've ever had the pleasure to wear, and I must say, it's like magic. They're French brand Pimkie's regular-rise skinny jeans (24.95 €).

I've always had the same beef with Commercial Land - whenever something is in style, that's all they sell and there are no other options. In the last few seasons, it's been impossible for me to find jeans because I just don't like super-low-rise superskinnys - they're not flattering on me and they're uncomfortable. Whenever I've been able to find jeans that aren't super low rise or superskinny, they're always ugly, ill-fitting mom jeans that hike up to my chest and are really droopy in the butt.

So imagine my surprise when in H&M and in Pimkie I've actually managed to find "regular rise" jeans! I put regular rise in quotation marks because they're still kind of low-rise - they come to about 2-3 inches below the bellybutton, but I'm just glad that they more than cover the pubic region, unlike 99% of the jeans available in stores now.

The Pimkie ones...they're amazing. The material is just the perfect blend of cotton and stretch, so they move with you and they mould to your body. They're so comfortable and they're well-cut, so they really make the best of what you have.

Don't get me wrong, even with these awesome jeans, my backside still can't really be construed as bodacious, but my butt looks...pert and tight, and there's a hint of a curve to it - and really, what more can a girl ask for? Most importantly, they make me feel gorgeous - which is what at least half my wardrobe should do, I believe. Part of me is entertaining thoughts of buying 1-2 pairs more to bring home to Canada. They're pretty reasonably priced, after all.

Excuse me, I need to go back to admiring my butt in the mirror. :D

No comments: