Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Shellac 2 Week Update

Bio Seaweed Gel Soak-Off Gel in Grapefruit, 2 weeks later
Hi guys!  Here I am for the last installment of my Shellac experience - here are parts one and two.

These photos were actually
taken a day after the two week mark and, my goodness, they were still going strong.  At about a week and a half, I started noticing a teeny bit of tip wear and a bit of peeling/nicks in the sides of my nails, but they were tamed with a bit of light filing.

I have a hunch that the durability of my nails is due to the layer of "builder" that was applied.  I'm not sure the durability would be the same without it.  Either way, this was a very good first experience for me with soak-off gels and I wouldn't mind trying it again in the future!

Hope this was helpful!

XO

For my first impressions of Shellac, click here
For the 1 Week Update on how my manicure held up that first week, click here
A more accurate representation of the actual colour of this polish

No comments: