Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Essie Jazz

This is me wearing Essie Jazz (and being a Chanel whore)
Oh my goodness, you wouldn’t believe what lengths I went to to procure this nail polish. But the effort was quite worth it, don’t you think?

It’s a beautiful,
greigy nude crème and it’s absolutely perfect for work. As is the norm for these types of colours, application was pretty streaky, but it wasn’t the worst I’ve ever encountered. It takes three coats to be perfectly opaque, which is acceptable. You just have to make sure you give it ample time to dry, and it will stay put quite well. A trick I’ve recently employed is applying two coats of top coat, which has been working well for me, except on bright/dark reds and pinks, because for some reason, the pigments in those colours streak off if I go over a certain spot too many times.

Overall, I am very pleased with this colour, even though it took a ton of effort to find.
I first saw this shade on my friend and colleague, T. We bonded over nail polish at Christmas and became friends just a couple months after I started working at my current job. I noticed that she had the best nails in the office, she admired the polish I was wearing at our company holiday party (China Glaze’s Ruby Slippers, of course), and that was that.

She is as big a beauty junkie as I am, except she is diligent where I am lazy. When I wasn’t working at my beauty job and when I am not filming, I rarely wear makeup, except for filling in my brows and sometimes wearing lipstick. T, on the other hand, looks perfect all the time, and I’ve never seen her be lazy and take a day off from makeup, even a day. Respect.

So one day at lunch, another colleague and I were gushing over this polish on T’s nails, and she told us what the name of the colour was. I went to several different stores – a few Shoppers, the awesome discount beauty supply store on Orfus (which T introduced me to), and the Trade Secrets at the mall closest to my house and no one had it! So, naturally, that just made me want it more.

The sales lady at Trade Secrets offered to take down my name and tell me when the next shipment came in, but after like, two months, I gave up on them. They eventually did call me after three months, but I already found it at that point.

One day, Superwoman and I just happened to be at Pacific Mall – we very rarely go there because it’s far from where we live and because the parking there is ATROCIOUS on the weekends, when we are both free (no Asian driver jokes please) – when I decided to go into Phoenix, this beauty supply store that has an eclectic mix of products including OPI, Essie, China Glaze, NYX Cosmetics, those many-coloured eyeshadow palettes and cheap brush sets, UV gel polishes and affordable nail lamps. I popped in to see if they had Essie’s Jazz because you never know – and they did!!! So I happily brought it home and was thrilled.

Prior to that, I caved and bought Essie’s Sand Tropez from one of this year’s collections. It’s a very nice colour too and very similar, but not the same. Will talk about that one later.

Ciao!
XOXOXO

No comments: