Sunday, July 8, 2012

NaBloPoMo Day 8: Like Me!

Click Me!
I realized belatedly - five days late to be exact - that my blog's 4th birthday/anniversary came and went and I didn't acknowledge it at all!  That's right, my very first post on this blog was published on July 3rd, 2008 - where did the time go? 

Since then I have lived in France for a year, finished my undergrad degree, came home and completed a postgrad program, ran away to Spain for half a year, survived 10 months of working in terrible places, fell in and out of love a few times, lost over 30 pounds, and settled into a good, Big Girl Job that I am proud of.  My, I've been busy!

Throughout all this I've been a very sporadic blogger, and yet when I resolved to start writing again, a lot of you welcomed me back so graciously.  Part of me was honestly worried that there would be no more interest in this blog because of my inconsistency, but I've been pleasantly shocked, surprised, and delighted by all the hits I've gotten since July 1st!

Thank you so, so much for your continued support and encouragement over the years; all of you give me purpose, which is an incredible feeling and, actually, one of the greatest gifts I've ever gotten from anyone.  Thank you for reading me!!!

Before I start to get maudlin, I'd like to invite you all to my new Facebook page!  After four years, it's about time, right?  I'll be posting photos, updates, maybe even some videos there - and I'd love to interact with you more.  If you have a second right now, please head over and give me a thumbs up!  I'd be thrilled if all three of you that read my blog Like me on my page! ;P

Thank yous and see you tomorrow with a fresh, new article! :)

No comments: