Wednesday, July 4, 2012

NaBloPoMo Day 4: Essie A Cut Above


Over China Glaze For Audrey

On a love/hate ratio, my feelings towards this polish would stand at 60/40.  60 love because,
come on, how intensely beautiful and versatile is this?  And 40% hate because it’s so damned hard to take off, I always regret using it in the first place when I remove it.

This beautiful, pink, multi-size sparkle polish is part of Essie’s Luxeffects collection, which can be worn on their own but are more meant for spicing up other polishes.  I own three: A Cut Above, Shine of the Times, and Set in Stone.  This is my favourite because it’s so stunning and, surprisingly, it’s the most versatile of the three.

Over OPI Skulls& Glossbones
In this photo, I’m wearing it over OPI’s Skull & Glossbones.  It kind of looks like artistic paint flecks, right?

Another shot of it over China Glaze For Audrey - so like a faberge egg, right?
And here, I’m wearing it over China Glaze’s For Audrey.  Superwoman said that this pairing reminds her of Fabergé eggs, which just makes me swoon.  And I fully intend on trying this out over China Glaze’s Re-Fresh Mint sometime this summer!

Application is normal for a sparkle polish.  However, because these sparkles are all different sizes, you want to be careful about your placement of them and get them right early on or you’ll risk swiping off some of your polish or creating thin or “bald” spots.  And because I’m anal, I try to make sure that there’s about the same amount on each nail.

Also, even though it’s a sparkle, it’s pretty conspicuous when it starts chipping, so watch out!  

No comments: