Monday, April 29, 2013

30DC29: My Favourite Plant


I briefly contemplated putting something deliciously edible here, like potatoes or cherries, or something that's multipurpose (and can make me pretty!), like aloe vera.  But, alas, I'm just a simple girl.  I love flowers.

I've received roses, tulips, tiger lilies, gerbera daisies, etc. and I love them ALL.  I'm really disappointed that somewhere down the line, the whole thing of giving flowers has been ruined.  I think there are two reasons for this:
First, there are those awful girls who complain and whine about how they don't like flowers - they need to sit DOWN.  I think if a boy gives a girl flowers, she should just STFU and enjoy them...if she likes him, that is.  If she doesn't like them she shouldn't take them, obviously - one of the principles I abide by is that I will never take a gift from a boy I don't like.  But otherwise, even if they're not her favourite thing in the world but they're from someone special, why can't she just appreciate it for the sweet, romantic gesture that it is?

Secondly, there are the awful guys who complain about how useless flowers are - they need to stop being stupid.  In my estimation, 5% of guys are natural flower givers (The Holy Grail!), 25% are clueless but probably wouldn't mind giving flowers (The Salvageable), 35% are douchebags who totally against it (The Hopeless), and 35% are clueless but use the other 35%'s "reasons" as excuses to not give any (The Super Lame).  This is terrible!

Boys need to give flowers to girls they like, okay?  They don't need to be expensive at all, but they need to do it. Even if flowers don't last long.  Even if they will die in a week.  Because she will remember them.  I guarantee you, even if a guy gives a girl flowers just once when they first begin dating and never does it again, she will remember that one bouquet fondly for years.  You can get a lot of mileage out of this small act of good will.

Also, we have smart phones and digital cameras these days - trust me, when a girl receive flowers, she will take pictures of them and she will remember them well beyond the bouquet's lifespan.  She will probably also plaster the photos all over social media so that everyone will know what a stud their boyfriend/husband is.

Most importantly, flowers show a woman that she's precious to you, that you want to impress her, that you want to make her happy, and that you think of her as a woman, more than just when you grab her ass & start disrobing her to initiate sex. 

That's why flowers should be given.

And if a guy's really smooth, he'd give them to their moms, grandmas, mother-in-laws, and aunts, too - but that's a whole other blog post!

No comments: