Tuesday, April 30, 2013

30DC30: What I Learned This Month

Image Source

Today's the last day of my 30 Day Challenge - YAAAY!!!  I did it!

Thank you so, so much for being with me through it, whether you read just one post or every single entry for all 30 days - thank you!!! :D

Okay, today's entry is about what I learned this month.  What I learned this month is that
there seems to be a pattern to my discipline.  That is, I'm generally a very determined person and I can be very disciplined, but it can gradually fizzle out, especially if I don't plan everything down to a T.  I also tend to work best and accomplish the most when I have way too much on my plate and am completely overwhelmed.

I also remembered why I decided last year not to do 30 day NaBloPoMo-style challenges anymore - when I have to crank something out every day, quality suffers.  Like, no one really wants to read a recipe, what I ate, or what animal I want as a pet - although I'm completely flummoxed as to why so few other people are as fascinated and as delighted as I am by a visual masturbator!

Either way, I'm really glad that I did this, and it was much less painful that last year because of better planning.  Most importantly, it also set off a good momentum for my writing and my readers, and it (re)introduced my blog to a lot of people.

I hope you guys will check back here regularly even though the challenge is over - I've put together a very fun and organized editorial calendar that extends into the new year, full of good food, travel tips, healthy lifestyle info, relationship articles, beauty goodies, as well as a healthy dose of snark.  And look out for our 6 year old birthday giveaway this July!

Thank you & love yous!

XOXOXO

P.S. Next article's going live at 9am this Thursday! :D

No comments: