Monday, April 15, 2013

30DC15: What's In My Makeup Bag

My face resides in these two bags
When it comes to makeup bags, I have two – one that I carry around with me wherever I go (below), and one for when I need to put on my whole face for a special occasion (above).

Contrary to popular belief, I’m a very light packer. In fact,
I’ve been known to underpack on vacations, which may or may not necessitate extra shopping. :P But I generally like to be active and mobile, with as little weighing me down as possible, so my purses tend to be small. I’ve pared down my carry-around makeup bag to the absolute bare-bones essentials for making me look presentable (enough) for most occasions. When I took this picture today, there were 6 items in the bag, but normally there are only 5. Also, I wanted to show you the cute pouch I put them in; it came with a Betsey Johnson lunchbox-style purse I got years ago. They are:


NARS stick concealer in Custard
Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick in Destinee
Essence Brow Designer in Black
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner in Black Brown
Travalo atomizer filled with Philosophy Pure Grace EDT
L’Oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain in Pink Rebellion (which is not normally in my essentials bag but I’ve been wearing it a lot lately)

My “complete” makeup bag is for when I am going out on a date after the gym, or when there’s a work event after office hours (because I can’t be bothered to wake up early enough to apply makeup in the morning). Everything I need for a full face is kept in this adorable, lime green, velvet-lined leather pouch, which was a gift from my girl NC. Well, actually, everything I need also includes the contents of my small makeup bag, so I’ll use the contents in both pouches when I’m doing a full face. I switch up the base depending on my skin’s condition and the eye and lip colours depending on my mood, but today, it includes:

MAC Studio Tech Foundation in NC25
Shiseido Translucent Pressed Powder
Smashbox Liquid Concealer in Light
BeneFit Sunbeam
NYX Cream Blush in Natural
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner in Blackest Black
Smashbox Limitless Cream Shadow in Riches
Marcelle Eyeshadow Duo in Sahara
Kiko Makeup Milano Velvet Mat-Satin Lipstick in 614

If there are any products you'd like for me to review, please let me know! :)

No comments: