Thursday, April 4, 2013

30DC4: Top 10 Celebrity Crushes

Image Source
If you're a girl or gay boy, please just skip ahead to the jump.  You're welcome.

If you're one of my 3 straight male readers, this post is worth your time to read because it shows you what (some) women like aesthetically, and also because it can clearly show you how women see men differently.  It's amazing to me how different our tastes are - what we find attractive and what straight guys think will attract us.  So consider this an informal lesson and consult your best girl buddy if you have any other questions.

Without further ado, here are my top 10 celebrity crushes:

Image Source
Image Source
Godfrey Gao/Tsao – When I think of hot male celebs, he’s often one of the first to come to mind because, like, obviously. Wow. In real life though, he’s too tall for my tastes – 6’4” or 6’5” – and also, he can barely string two words together. Watching his interviews is brutal.  At first, I thought it was the language barrier (he was born and raised in Canada but is now working in Taiwan, so most of his interviews are in Mandarin) but I watched some of his English interviews and nope!  He's just stupid.  GOD, he is so stupid.  It's as if the task of forming opinions in his head and putting words together is so intellectually taxing to him that he says as little as possible to conserve energy.  The confusion and bewilderedness on his face is almost heart-breaking.  And as I’ve mentioned, I’m too complicated for dumb men. But I guess this is nature’s way of being fair; after all, he is so very, very gifted on the outside!


Image Source
Gerard Piqué – What can I say? I love them Mediterranean soccer players. This is my type right here – well, one of them, anyway. I totally meant to have his babies but then Shakira got to him first. :/


Image Source
Leehom Wang* – I’ve loved him since I was 14 or so, before he really hit it big and became one of the biggest superstars in Asia. He’s my solid proof that I have great foresight and excellent taste in men. What a talented musician and what a lovely, funny, down-to-earth personality he has!  Also, culturally I always feel some affinity towards other Chinese kids who grew up in a foreign country.  Only another jook-sing can fully understand and appreciate what it's like/means to be bi-cultural.

*Be quiet, Stacey, he's not gay!!!

Image Source
Dean Cain ca. mid 90s to early 2000s – I think he might be my first celeb crush ever – the first man that I’ve ever loved! Him from his mid 20s to mid 30s is, like, my physical ideal for a man. He had a perfect face, beautiful, big, man hands, great lips, a winning personality, he even somehow made winking appear charming instead of tacky…and then he got really bloated as he started to age. That was very sad to watch. Incidentally, he’s also why I think ¼ Japanese + ¾ Caucasian is one of the most attractive ethnic combinations ever.


Image Source
Nadech Kugimiya – One of my newest celeb crushes.  SO good-looking and also mixed.  The weird thing is, though, that whenever I search for his photos, most of the ones that come up look excessively edited, like he has a plastic face. :/


Image Source
Rodrigo Santoro – I’ve had a thing for him since Love Actually. He’s all the colours that I like, for starters, he has a sexy accent, and he’s lean and tall – just my cup of tea. On the spectrum of Guys I Find Attractive, he leans towards the more refined, classy, fine-featured end; the opposite side is full of testosterone, less fine-featured, and less refined. But I need to forget that he can also look like this:
Image Source

Image Source
Takeshi Kaneshiro – I think most Asian women have had a thing for this enigmatic, artsy dude at some point in their lives. Enigmatic and artsy isn’t normally my type – I tend to prefer emotionally open and mathematical – but he is just too attractive. However, I try to put out of my mind the fact that he’s obviously had cosmetic surgery – I like to pretend that he’s authentic, secure, and not that shallow!


Image Source
Yoann Gourcuff - Even though Parisienne and her sister say that in his home country of France, gay rumours about him run rampant. :P

Image Source
 Aarif Rahman – Also a fairly recent discovery, he caught my eye because he reminded me of a young Bruce Lee – which is fitting, because he was eventually cast as the legend himself in an early-life biopic:
Image Source



Image Source
Jason Momoa - I swear, Lisa Bonet gets the hottest men.  Lenny Kravitz oozes sex appeal, too.  But she's gorgeous, so it totally makes sense.  But back to Jason Momoa!  He's one of my top 10 celeb crushes because, obviously, he's the quintessential Man.  Everything about him is masculine and appealing.  There's something very alluring about racially-ambiguous people like him.  I've also always had a soft spot for boys and men whose eyes get all crinkly and squinty when they laugh/smile!

Who are YOUR celeb crushes? :D

No comments: